Monday, August 21, 2006

"There is a place..

...where the sidewalk ends and before the street begins." This is from the Shel Silverstein book,'Where the sidewalk Ends'. It is a book of fun, quirky poems that is one of my favorites and my childrens too. I like it for many reasons but chose it as a title for my blog because that particular line reminds me of where I live now and where I grew up in rural New England.
No sidewalks, not even a paved road, just lots of wide open space to let your imagination run free! No traffic, smog or ear-piercing screeches...Just quiet.
Okay, who am I kidding? I have two children. Girls in fact, so ear piercing screams come with the territory and the screeches are usually followed by crashes, yelling and tears. But they get along great, about 90% of the time.
So this is where the sidewalk ends and my blog begins...

No comments: