Friday, February 20, 2009

Mr. Snowman


We have a two hour delay for the second day in a row. No Kindergarten for Kenzie and Becca woke up with a fever so it will be a quiet day round here.
But yesterday the girls and I had fun making a snowman after Becca got home from school. The girls wanted to name him but couldn't agree on a name. Kenzie wanted Joe. Becca wanted Diego Santiago Carquez, quite an imaginative name for a snowman in the middle of New England.
After trying to get them to compromise with Jose, I remained neutral and will call him Mr. Snowman.

Mr. Snowman is a great photography subject. He doesn't move around, or complain when I want to fool around with camera settings. Actually I didn't really want to fool around with setting but I had changed the exposure compensation when I was taking pictures inside and forgot to change it back and it took me a little while to realize it, hence my first pictures were coming out too dark. Always good to check your settings before you start taking pictures!


Close-up.

Here Mr. Snowman watches the kids playing in the distance.

Here is a facial shot, He's starting to crack a little smile here I think.


Yes, a definite smile!

And before you think I am totally cracking up, Kenzie was the one who said he looked bored and replaced his mouth with a smile. But yeah, I am definitely ready for Spring.

No comments: