Monday, December 18, 2006

Your call is important to us.....

Blah, blah, blah..okay time for a vent. I got home today and had a message on my machine asking me to call a bank that we have a loan with. No biggie I think cause I sent the payment last week, so I call and push 14 buttons and pray that the moon and the stars are in the correct alignment and I got the right combination to connect me with a real person. It's my lucky day. Jack answers the phone and asks if he can help me. I explain the phone message that states any associate can assist me.
Jack:"Who did you speak with?"
Me: "No one, Someone left a message."
Jack: "Right, who left the message?"
Me: "Uh, a lady with a really bad cold, Didi maybe? It was really hard to
understand her on the message."
I give Jack my account info and he puts me back on hold where I get to listen to Christmas Carols. Jack comes back in the middle of 'A White Christmas".
"I'm not sure why someone called you. You haven't paid for December yet.
Let me transfer you to collections."
Me: "I sent the check and its' not even late for another four days."
Too late. I am already on hold and this time no music. Only an annoying automated voice that comes on every thirty seconds to remind me how important my call is and to please hold for the next available associate. Well I don't feel very important. I didn't get any music. I contemplate telling them this when finally, I get the next available associate and explain everything all over again, including account number.
Associate: "What number were you asked to call?"
I give her the number.
Associate: "that's not this number, maybe you should call that number."
Me: "I did call that number and they transfered me to you."
Associate:" I don't know why someone called. We haven't recieved your December
payment yet. Maybe that's why."
Me: "I sent it out last week and it isn't even considered late for another 4 days.
It's probably sitting in the accounting office right now."
Associate: "Would you like me to transfer you to accounting?"
Me:"No! No thank you. Thanks for your uh help."
Click

15 minutes of my life wasted. How annoying is that!

No comments: