Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My favorite time of year

Fall is my favorite time of year. I'm ready to bake apple crisp, to cook up a nice hearty batch of stew and sip a cup of warm apple cider. I'm ready to pull on a warm, fuzzy sweater and my favorite pair of jeans and take a hike in the mountains. I'm ready for the scent of rotting leaves and the way the house smells when you bake an apple pie. I'm ready to take pics of the foliage and play with the kids in the leaves. I'm ready but there's just one little problem....




It was near 90 today and humid!!!!




I'm ready to be all warm and cozy and instead I'm just hot and sweaty. Oh well... It is New England. Next week I'll probably be complaining about the snow!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said Cyndi,You said it all. You know the old saying:If you don't like the New England weather wait a minute!

Pink Pixel Princess said...

It was 90 degrees here in CA yesterday, guess our internal calendars need some changing. Even after 20 yrs in Cal when sept rolls around I feel all those fall things you talk about. Our fall doesn't hit till November!!! Just in time for Thanksgiving.
Take some foliage pics for me ;)