Friday, March 06, 2009

More Craftiness

So I went from being totally uninspired to totally inspired by everything! That's a good thing because I am a happy camper when I can do lots of creating. So being in a crafty mood usually means a trip to Michael's. I usually go with one idea in mind and have 50 more while I am at the store and another 50 on the car ride home. And though I would like to do my part and stimulate the ecomomy by buying out half the store, it just ain't happening.


I did bring Kenzie with me because of the timing of Kindergarten, and the store being 40 minutes away. So Kenzie of course wanted to be crafty too and we found some cute chipboard shaped books in the dollar section for her and Becca to use and we found these cute cut-outs made out of wood. And then we found some chalkboard paint in Hot Pink! So we picked out some shapes to make little chalkboards to hang in the girls rooms. I also picked up a wood pencil holder. This is what we came up with:

We removed the twine from the heart to make it easier to paint and then we decided to use ribbon to finish the outside edge and to hang it. Kenzie was undecided about wether or not she wanted to use the beads or not, so we left them off for now. I think they would be cute too.

I painted the pencil holder with the chalkboard paint too, then just added some ribbon. So quick, easy, fun and useful. The paint was a little pricey-6.99 for 8oz. but you could do many projects with the one jar and there was about five different colors to choose from. (I discovered even more colors online at http://www.plaid.com/)

Now I was originally looking for the Martha Stewart Butterfly paper punches which I did find.

And I am working on another 3D picture with butterflies this time, It is almost done but I realized I do not have a frame that is deep enough for it so I just might have to make another trip to Michaels in the near future!

No comments: