Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkin Chip Muffins


Here's a nice pumpkin recipe I found for the fall. I don't usually play around with recipes but this is one I'd like to experiment with the next time as it has a lot of eggs and a lot of sugar. I did cut the sugar in half and add an extra teaspoon of cinnamon. I also substituted the eggs for egg beaters. They came out pretty good. My family ate them with no complaints, even my super pickey eater so that is a good sign. But I think I will tweak the recipe a little more the next time I make it. Any suggestions are welcome!

Here is the original recipe:


4 eggs

2 cups of sugar

1 15oz. can of pumpkin

1-1/2 cups canola oil

3 cups all purpose flour

2 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

1 tsp. salt

2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips


In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pupkin and oil until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.

Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes for until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments: