My niece recently posted on her blog her 10 favorite sounds. I decided to do the same. It was harder than I thought it would be. I drew an almost complete blank at first then I got on a roll. Here they are in no particular order:
10. The "whizzz" of a fishing pole signaling you have a fish on while trolling on the lake.
9. Waves gently lapping against the beach or the side of the boat, so relaxing.
8. The crackle of a campfire in the evening. This conjures up memories of backyard barbecues and camping trips.
7. The crunch of leaves as you walk through the woods on a crisp fall day.
6. Peepers at dusk- a sure sign that it is summer.
5. Growl of a muscle car or stock car when they first start up and then the low grumble
of the engine as it idles.
4. The "tink" of a puck hitting the goal post during a hockey game.
3. The sound of Dom's voice on the phone when he call in the middle of the day.
2. The girls laughter.
1. Hearing "I love you" from my husband and kids.