Thursday, November 05, 2009

Time to make the Donuts


I have been wanting to make homemade donuts for several years now, and haven't got around to it. Finally last weekend I decide that this was the weekend we were going to do it. I say we because I am a little bit intimidated by the using the fry daddy and made Dom do that part. Why? I have no real reason except that a large vat of burning hot oil seems scary. It's just one of those things that freaks you out until you try and they you wonder what all the fuss was about.

Anyway, I had two good recipes. A regular plain donut recipe and an apple cider recipe both very similiar. I went with the apple cider recipe. The apple cider recipe has of course apple cider in it as well as pumpkin pie spice. I also coated the warm donuts in a sugar and pumpkin pie spice mixture. The recipe came from one of my new favorite websites Our Best Bites. There is a little linky over in my "blogs that inspire me" list. I am not going to list the recipe here, you'll have to go check it out on the website for yourself. It is sooo worth it! The donuts were yummy! We will definitely be making these again, not a regular basis as they are not very good for your body, but they are definitely good for the soul.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

They look so good! I've been wanting to try donuts, but don't have a fry daddy. I'm going to have get one :)

KT said...

Those look & sound sooooo good! And I totally feel you on the fear of the FryDaddy!! I remember when my mom would use it for various things, including donuts, bit not me...I always dreaded when she would ask me to keep my eye on something in there...no thank you!! *L*