Thursday, March 03, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

Okay, so Dr. Seuss's birthday was actually yesterday but the kids are celebrating in school all week long. I always want to do something special but for some reason I never remember until the last minute. There were several websites that had lots of cute ideas but I really liked this.
If you check out the link you'll see she actually used clothespins for the bodies and pon-poms for the hair. I did my own version with these little peg figures and found some blue boa material. Love the way the hair looks but there are now little blue feathers floating all around the house because once you cut off a piece of this stuff it sheds like crazy!
Other than the pegs, boa material, some paint and a fine tip black marker that's all there is to this little project.


But I couldn't just stop with Thing 1 and Thing 2. I had to add Thing 3 and Thing 4 because I just happened to have some smaller pegs on hand. Anyone who got a Chrismas card from us will understand. For those who didn't get a Christmas card we did a family photo with the four of us in t-shirts that had thing 1,2, 3 and 4 on them. I wanted to include that picture in the post but
for some reason I can't find it on the computer.

No comments: