Sunday, April 29, 2012

Plant Swap

My sister-in-law, Ellen had a plant swap this past weekend which I enjoyed. There was a fun group of ladies there.  A plant swap is just what the name implies, guests bring plants to share, either from their garden or purchased, and then everyone takes a turn picking what you want.  Anything to do with gardening can be swapped including magazines, pots, decor etc.  It is a great way to get some new plants or other goodies and also learn something new about gardening too. 
My sister-in-law, being the great hostess that she is, always has some sort of yummy (alcoholic) drink that she has created.  The one she had this time was delicious and despite the fact it had 2 types of rum in it, didn't taste like it had any alcohol in it at all.  That is the best kind of drink in my opinion!  I think she needs to write a book about cocktails or at least blog about her concoctions.
 Anyway, back to the plants, I brought 3 plants-rosemary, levender and columbine.  I made plant stakes with a wine cork that I wrote on with a sharpie. Then I just stuck a bamboo skewer in the cork,  cut it a little shorter and stuck it in each plant.  I also brought some magazines as well as some hand scrub and herbal salve. In return I got 4 new plants for my garden and a cute pot.  Ellen also sent everyone home with pots of herbs that she provided for everyone. Good Times!

No comments: