Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Becca's Birthday






It seems like we have been celebrating Becca's birthday for a week now and we kinda have. We started on Sat. the 13 the with Grammy and Grampy. They came over for lunch and cake and ice cream. Her official birthday was on Thursday the 18th. We celebrated at home with cake and presents. This is also the day that the big present arrived by pure luck. The gift was given by Nonna, Nonno, Auntie Lisa and Uncle Chuck. It was a three foot tall stuffed pony that actually moves like a real pony. Her name is Butterscotch and you may have seen them in some stores around Christmas time. It really is amazing how realistic this thing moves its head and ears, swishes its tail and actual air comes out its nostrils when it snorts! It is also amazing that it was delivered on her birthday. After Christmas there were none of these to be found in stores, so after some research by Auntie Lisa we decided to order online from Target whose price was a little cheaper and then with the extra cost of shipping it wasn't too different then if I had found it at a store. Target didn't have any in stock but was taking orders and estimated a delivery of 3-6 weeks.

Despite randomly checking the website on the Tuesday morning before her birthday I had pretty much given up that it would arrive in time for her birthday as had everyone else. Tuesday evening when I checked the email there was the shipping notice from Target! I was so suprised that I gasped out loud causing Becca to look at me and ask what was wrong. "Nothing."

I innocently replied. I wasn't able to find out where it was shipping from that night and checked first thing Wednesday morning. It had shipped from PA and I knew that it still had a shot of making it for her birthday. Weds. afternoon it hit Chelmsford, MA. and overnight it was sitting in Dover, NH. By 9:00am it was out for delivery. I couldn't believe the luck! Of course we rarely get deliveries before 4:30 from UPS. This actually was another stroke of luck. Dom left work early and was driving in the driveway as the UPS man left. The girls were playing and never heard the delivery. Dom snuck the pony into the garage and put the batteries in and the head on.(There is a warning on the box not to open in front of small children because the pony is headless.) Dom then turned the pony on and left it on the porch and came in throught the garage. I then told Becca she had a delivery and then there was much screaming and dancing around in excitement.

Saturday Becca had a Willy Wonka themed party with friends which was very nice and on Sunday we were at Nonna's for more cake and presents.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Cyndi,that is a good size pony
I can't wait to see it.At least with that pony you don't have to feed it or clean up after it.The girls must just love it.

Lisa said...

O.k. just reading that gave me goose bumps! I wish I could have been there to see her face. We were all so excited we were able to get it for...and delivered on her birthday..who could ask for anything more. I just love seeing that little girl with a smile on her face. I miss all of you so much.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Becca!!

Although Cyndi, I have to say the pony is alittle on the creepy side,
dare I say "Chucky".


But with all honest, I kind of wish that I had one when I was a kid. ;)

Pink Pixel Princess said...

I agree with Jillian... C-R-E-E-P-Y... however its also very cool that all the upkeep with a horse is wiped out...
someones making bank of this idea, especially for the city folk!