Tuesday, January 16, 2007

"Water is the worst nightmare!"

I am very lucky to have two well behaved children most of the time, but Mackenzie can be very challenging. At least several times a day we butt heads about something, usually clothing but it could be anything on any given day.
Last night was a perfect example. As I was making dinner Kenzie asked for some milk. Not wanting her to fill up on milk right before dinner I told her that she could have water now and milk with her dinner. This of course did not go over well at all and Kenzie went on and on about how she hated water and "water is the worst nightmare!' She continued her tirade until we sat down to dinner. In reality Kenzie drinks water all the time. In fact both girls will no longer drink juice only milk or water by their own choice. We finally sit down to dinner and the girls get milk. When dinner is over I notice that Kenzie's glass is still over half full. So I ask her if she is going to drink it.
"No, I want water." She sweetly replied as I resisted the urge to bang my head repeatedly against the wall. It is a good thing that she is so cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cyndi,I can hear Kenzie now.She is really something else.I just don't know where she gets this all from.I think she has some of Jill and Lisa in her.