Sunday, September 28, 2008

It's raining again

After having a rainy summer the last thing I want to see is more rain but here we are again, our third day in a row of rain. I am more lenient with TV and computer time for the girls when it is rainy but when it rains for several days in a row there has to be a limit. So I took a quick trip to the craft store to see if I could find something. I grabbed a couple of puzzles and then came across one of those little plastic looms that you use little loops of fabric to weave together to make potholders. I remember doing this as a kid and thought the girls might enjoy it and they did! I even got a little idea book to make other things with the squares. These two things kept the girls busy for a good part of the weekend.

Today Dom was a little stir crazy so we headed to the book store to wander around and let the girls each pick out a book. Becca got a book about dragons and Becca got a book about fairies. These are two of the girls favorite things. The rest of the afternooon was pretty laid back. The girls have read their books, both alone and together and now things are settling down for the evening. I am hoping that tomorrow is a drier day so we can get outside again!

1 comment:

Jillian said...

I just want to say that i loved that little loom thing when i was a kid. I made some many pot holders for my mom. I think she actually still has one, and she said it works the best. its alittle on the old crusty side after so many years of use, but i am sure she would love some new ones for christmas. i know i would hint hint.