Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Nascar 08



This past Sunday Dom and I were at the race in Loudon and thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law, Ellen (Thanks again!) we were able to get passes to go down to the garage area and pits before the race.
We were a little worried that the race would get rained out because it poured all morning. Luckily it let up just before noon so that there was time to dry the track before race time.
I enjoy going to the races but it was really fun to wander around and get to see some of the behind the scenes stuff as well as see the cars up close and you never know who may walk by .
Like "The King" himself, Richard Petty....

Or Presidential candidate John McCain....



It took us awhile to find the 99 car (My favorite) as most of the cars were being inspected and we weren't in the right place at the right time. When we did find it it was jacked up outside the garage being worked on and I knew that couldn't be a good sign with race time fast approaching. It did give us a good chance to check out the car and take pics. I wish we had more time to take pictures, the rain unfortunately shortened our time down there. I am trying to take my photography to the next level and get more than just the usual snapshots when we go somewhere. In fact we almost missed driver introductions we spent so much time looking at the car! Whatever they did to the car worked because they ran well all day and even though they didn't win they came in third! Now Carl is leading in points. Go Carl!

3 comments:

Mom/gram said...

Great pictures,Cyndi

Jennifer said...

Looks like you had a good time. Micah and I watched part of the race and were wondering if Mom was able to get you passes. Isn't it cool!

Lisa said...

Wow...I'm sure you guys had a fabulous time. I can't believe John McCain was there..how fortunate!