Saturday, October 03, 2009

Spooky Spiders


Kenzie and I made these spooky spiders to decorate the house for Halloween. The idea came from Family Fun magazine. They are pretty simple to make and super cute, uh I mean spooky.
First we cut up some egg cartons and used a hole punch to punch two holes in the front for the eyes and four holes on each side for the legs. Next we painted them.
Once the paint was dry we added the legs. I cut one pipe cleaner in half to form two legs. I just poked them through the holes on the sides and taped them. The bottom of the spider is a battery powered tea light. The ones I got were white so I just wrapped black electrical tape around them to make it black. Next use the tape to tape the egg cup to the top of the tea light so the little bulb is now inside your spider. Now just bend the legs how you want them and turn on the tea light to light up your spiders eyes!

1 comment:

KT said...

Very cute, ummmm, I mean spooky!!